Poll: How long do you meditate for?

Poll: How long do you meditate for?

Author:
Ozge Ozkaya is from Turkey and he enjoys compiling articles for freemeditation.com. He loves playing soccer, watching movies and meditating whenever is possible. :-) He has been in the beautiful world of Sahaja Meditation since 2000.

Meditation is becoming a must in our daily life and many of us have been already enjoying the benefits. The time that is spent for a meditation session however can vary. Let’s see how much time you spend for a meditation session.

This poll has been closed. Here is the results.

Related articles

Meditation Poll

8 comment(s) so far, want to say something now?

• bysani ravi chandra
    Oct 7, 2009
    comment arrow

I have not fixed any duration of time for meditation. But when i am in meditation i at least watch for good vibrations and thoughtlessness. And after getting these thing i will take bandhan.

With love
    ravi chandra bysani

• Astina Devi Naidu
    Oct 8, 2009
    comment arrow

I do not have a specific duration for meditation, when i sit for meditation i just meditate until i am really satisfied enjoying the divine cool breeze.

Astina Devi Naidu

• axinia
    Oct 9, 2009
    comment arrow

That’s a simple but very good question. I estimated 20-30 min per session in general, althought it is longer on the weekend when I have more time :) Basically, because mediation is so enjoyable I would love to keep it longer… Thus, I am just trying to be in mediation also during the daytime as much as possible.

The other good point would be “what is actually mediation” – if we only count the time when we actually sit still – then I guess it is something else. But that is what I think was the poll question, right?

If we speak of TRUE MEDIATION, these seconds/few minutes when we are in the complete state of thoughtless awerenss…then it is ufortunately much shorter…

• Ozge
    Oct 9, 2009
    comment arrow

That’s right Axinia. The question indicates the total time per meditation session.

The time that we sit still or in thoughtless awareness could be another lovely poll question. You have inspired me! :-)

Cheers

• anjana
    Dec 17, 2009
    comment arrow

before i used to keep in mind for five minutes but nowadays i enjoy meditating and dont have the time set in mind because now i know the meaning of being in thoughtless awarness

• abhay jain
    May 26, 2010
    comment arrow

as long as we are thoughtless we are in meditation i guess it could be whole day

• angel
    Feb 16, 2011
    comment arrow

hi, i’m the beginner. How i know my meditation is effective as i seldom feel any cool or hot breeze in my palm? but i still do the meditation twice a day.

admin
    February 17th, 2011

It takes time to feel the cool breeze. Have you tried our online course or attend a local class? Have you tried doing foot soaking?

The aim of the meditation is to enter into the thoughtless state where your mind is totally silent and calm. You should see if you can enter into this state during your meditation.

• angel
    Feb 18, 2011
    comment arrow

yes, i hav been trying theonline course. but i seldom go to the center. And i do the foot soaking everyday before i sleep, unless i’m too tired on that day. i still trying to enter the thoughtless state as u said. anyway i will interrupt by my emotion sometimes. sometimes i think that the things that not finish, or sometimes how to forgive someone as he really done a big mistake to me.

admin
    February 19th, 2011

What you need is attending group meditations. You should attend weekly Sahaja Yoga classes. I have seen many who stuck and couldnt go further because they dont want to attend tha local classes. In Sahaja Yoga collective meditation are very important in order our Kundlini to become stronger. Our kundalini can rise more easily and we can achieve the thoughtless state.