Meditative lifestyles: the magic of cooking

Meditative lifestyles: the magic of cooking

Share…Share on Facebook52Tweet about this on Twitter5Share on Google+0Share on StumbleUpon0Pin on Pinterest2

Cooking belongs to the list of miracolous things we can do. It does seem such a basic, daily need and maybe it is in the basics that all the most beautiful treasures are enclosed. The joy of making food is something very feminine, it’s main support to our personality and inner system, it’s like true humus for our character and dharma. When we reach the point of understanding the importance of cooking, we begin to understand ourselves much deeper and more effectively; we become more dynamic; as immediate consequence everything concerning our lifestyle receives more enlightenment and support. More health, to say it with the trend.

The trend about cooking is really confused out there. There are too many options and too many blogs about food and cuisine. Too many tv shows and movies about culinary misadventures and so on. Too many ingredients and recipes for one simple dish. Sometimes i thought that if all the meditative women could get to the essence of love for cooking, then there would be no problems of any kind so far. No more confusion about anything into our lives. The equilibrium would be automatically restored and estabilished in all our environments. How to get to this essence it might be a work under construction…

But here it is a real work under construction: please stay tuned because we are going to add lovely recipes and jolly healthy tips in order to enjoy our meditative lifestyles more and more!

Author:
Radha grew up in cozy Italy and is enjoying the beauties of Sahaja Meditation since 2002. She feels great when spending time with great people and hopes to meet more and more of them. She now lives in Hong Kong. Boundless inspiration

Related articles

Meditation Poll

7 comment(s) so far, want to say something now?

• Mar'yana
    Jan 19, 2011
    comment arrow

Looking forward so much – can’t wait!

• monique
    Jan 19, 2011
    comment arrow

Hi Radha,

Thanks for your article. 12 years ago I learned how to meditate; I have my own practice where I facilitate meditation groups.
    I do love food, healthy food and sharing my recipes with others. Last year I started teaching bread baking and healthy cooking. Basic.

To me baking and cooking is about connecting with what nature offers, creating and sharing. But like you mention: the trend about cooking is really confused. So many distractions that it almost seems impossible to go back to basic.

All my classes start with a meditation, where we do not judge, label, need to have an opinion etc.
    We are, with all that is.
    If you look at baking and cooking in that way too, it gets a different dimension.

I’m looking forward to your recipes!

• Brigita Bulsyte
    Jan 19, 2011
    comment arrow

Totally agree with you, Radha! I believe, that cooking and watching movies are the best activities we can do with other yogis also :) Home cooking somehow brings people together to enjoy sweet, pure, simple things. For me cooking and baking it’s not only about eating, it’s more about taking care of other people, make them feel comfort and joyful…

• Salima
    Jan 19, 2011
    comment arrow

I can’t wait. I am in an important part of my life where I would love to enjoy eating healthy and love cooking.

• Yogini
    Jan 19, 2011
    comment arrow

This article is so biased and prejudiced…why the discrimination against men who cook, and why the discrimination against other recipes and people who have creativity and talent for cooking? do you think that only LOVE resides in the people YOU think it resides in? LOVE does not descriminate nor selects…just remember that….nor does it have “chosen ones” because all are chosen and all are GOD… it is time to really mature spiritually…discrimination is just repeating history along with the religiously fanatics…it is all just ego and not love…accept all and love all otherwise your heart wll be a stone.

• abhilash
    Feb 9, 2011
    comment arrow

I totally agree with the article.It is neither biased nor prejudiced.When the child is in the womb its the mother who feeds it.When it is born,it is the mother who breastfeeds it.So cooking or preparing food is very much feminine.That does not mean that men who cook are discriminated.
    Of-course LOVE is very much the needed ingredient when cooking.Any food prepared with love tastes better.
    Thank you Radha.Where is the receipe?

• meditate
    Apr 1, 2011
    comment arrow

I am a new meditate. I am an important part of my life, i can’t wait for meditate. This site is very beautiful and great

1 Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback : Meditative lifestyles: the magic of cooking « Organicweightlossblog's Blog on March 20, 2011